Salary – £8.72 per hour
Hours – 22.5 worked over any 3 days out of 7
Are you a sales assistant who’s professional, supportive and innovative?
These are three of Longfield’s values and we’re committed to delivering them in everything we do. So, if you’re a sales assistant who can assist us with sorting and preparing donated stock and ensure the high standards of merchandising in our Stroud shop then you may be just what Longfield is looking for. Reporting to the Shop Manager or Deputy Shop Manager, you will deliver a high level of customer service to maximise sales at all times.
- Assist in the sorting and preparation of all donated stock
- Help to maintain high standards of visual merchandising throughout the shop
- Actively promote and explain the benefits of Gift Aid to customers
- Actively promote various promotions such as Lottery sales
- Complete all company paperwork, including cashing up and banking procedures
- Encourage and assist in the training of volunteers
- Support the Shop Manager / Deputy in all aspects of best practice and Health and Safety Procedures
- Be responsible for the daily running of the shop and management of volunteers in the Managers/Deputy Managers absence
Although by no means essential the ideal candidate would have:
- Previous experience in retail (charity retail or fashion retail would be advantageous)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Fashion and designer brands knowledge
- A good level of literacy and numeracy skills together with basic IT skills.
- A passion for charity retailing
- A flair for window dressing and display skills
If you would like more information, please contact our Retail Operations Manager on 07824 447145 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Full training will be given to the successful candidate.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST COMPLETE AN APPLICATION FORM.
Closing date: 18th November 2020
Longfield is an Equal Opportunities employer and values diversity.