Due to national lockdown restrictions, our stores are currently closed. We will be back open as soon as we can be.
Whilst our shops are currently shut, you can post your quality items to us… for free! We particularly need premium quality branded clothing, jewellery, books, vinyl records, vintage toys, camera equipment and ornaments. Each freepost donation can weigh up to 10kg and be up to 60cm x 50cm x 50cm in size.
Usual shop donation times
We’d love to receive donations of your pre-loved goodies at any one of our 20 shops when we re-open. Please check below to find out when our shops usually accept donations.
- Bishops Cleeve – Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays from 9:30am- 1 pm.
- Berkeley – Monday, Wednesday and Friday during opening hours until they are full.
- Cheltenham Bath Road – Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday- 10am- 11am.
- Cheltenham Pittville Street – every day until full.
- Cirencester, Bishops Walk – Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 10am- 12 noon.
- Cirencester Dyer Street – Wednesdays and Thursdays – 9:30 – 3pm.
- Dursley Main – Monday and Saturday 1 bag only.
- Dursley Bookshop – Monday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, 1 bag only.
- Gloucester North Gate Street – Monday – Saturday until they are full.
- Hucclecote – Monday, Wednesday and Friday until they are full.
- Minchinhampton – donations by appointment only on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9am-10am. Please call 01453 885079 to book your slot, as appointments must be pre-booked.
- Nailsworth – Wednesday and Saturday from opening until they are full.
- Painswick – Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from opening until they are full.
- Stonehouse – Monday – Saturday until full.
- Stroud, Kings Street – Monday, Wednesday and Friday- 10am- 12 noon.
- Tetbury – Monday, Wednesday and Fridays until full.
- Tewkesbury – Monday – Saturday until they are full.
- Tuffley – Monday, Wednesday and Friday during opening hours.
- Up Hatherley – Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday- 10am- 11am.
- Wotton – Monday and Saturday 10am- 12 noon.
Furniture Donations and Purchases
We sell fantastic furniture at the following 3 Longfield Hospice shops:
- Bishops Cleeve
- Up Hatherley
Have a look at our Furniture Donations and Purchases page for more information.
Please do bear us in mind when you next have a clear out, we’ll be delighted to accept your pre-loved goods since we have not been able to accept donations in line with national lockdown measures in recent months. We need quality donated items all year round to enable our shops to have the best stock to sell, to generate vital revenue for our free hospice care.
We accept quality pre-loved women’s, men’s and children’s clothing, books, bric-a-brac, games and puzzles, children’s toys, handbags, accessories, shoes, linen, electrical items (we PAT test all our electrical items), CDS, DVDs, vinyl and furniture.
In the year 2019-2020 we had 107,458 amazing supporters who donated goods for our shops.
There are some items we cannot accept for various reasons. These include:
- Children’s toys without the ‘CE’ mark on them
- Soiled or dirty clothing
- Soiled or dirty bedding or linen
- Items of food or drink, including alcohol
- Beauty products such as body lotions, soaps, etc.
- Age restricted items such as some knives, fireworks, cigarettes, anything to do with gambling
- Items of clothing where real animal fur has been used
- Fake designer items, such as handbags
Retail Gift Aid
To help us raise even more money through our shops, please sign up to Gift Aid. You can make a real difference to us by completing the Retail Gift Aid form.
Unfortunately, people do donate items to us which are not saleable. In terms of clothing, any clothing which is deemed as unsaleable will be collected by our textiles collector, known in the sector as RAG.
The amount we get back for RAG is getting less and less, so in effect, we don’t get much back for these items and it is time consuming for our shop staff and volunteers to sort these pieces.
Therefore, please only donate items that are in a saleable condition.
During 2019-2020 we had to send 45,000 bags to RAG, so please think carefully about the quality of your donations.