Salary – will be based on the hourly minimum wage
Hours – 3 days per week. Fixed Term Contract (Maternity Cover) until 31st August 2021
Do you need something fulfilling to do that will benefit your local community?
We are looking for a sales assistant in our Dyer Street shop. If you don’t have any retail experience, it doesn’t matter, more importantly you must have enthusiasm, drive and a willingness to learn. On a daily basis you will assist the Shop Manager or Deputy Manager with running the till correctly whilst supporting customers & making sure the shop maintains high standards of merchandising.
- Assist in the preparation of donated stock.
- Help to maintain high standards of visual merchandising throughout the shop.
- Actively promote and explain the benefits of Gift Aid to customers.
- Actively promote various Longfield fundraising events.
- Complete all company paperwork, including cashing up and banking procedures.
- Encourage and assist in the training of volunteers.
- Support the Shop Manager / Deputy in all aspects of best practice and Health and Safety Procedures including Covid-19 safety measures.
- Be responsible for the daily running of the shop and management of volunteers in the Managers/Deputy Managers absence.
Although by no means essential, the ideal candidate would have:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Fashion and designer brands knowledge.
- A good level of literacy and numeracy skills together with basic IT skills.
- A passion for charity retailing.
- A flair for window dressing and display skills.
If you would like more information, please contact our Retail Operations Manager on 07824 447145. Full training will be given to the successful candidate.
Closing date: 11th November 2020
ALL APPLICANTS MUST COMPLETE AN APPLICATION FORM.
Longfield is an Equal Opportunities employer and values diversity.