Hours: 12 to 16 hours each week plus additional Bank hours
Salary: Starting at £9.63 per hour but varies dependent on shift
Hours of work: Days, between 8am and 10 pm
If you want to make a real difference to people’s lives when they need it most, this may be the job for you. At Longfield we provide care for people and support their families at home, in their final weeks of life. As a Healthcare Assistant, you will provide hands on care and emotional support, working in partnership with GP’s, District Nurses and Palliative Care Teams.
Do you have the skills we are looking for?
- Experience of patient care in a community/ care home/ hospital setting
- Experience of caring for patients with a range of life-limiting illnesses would be desirable,
- Commitment to undertake training as appropriate for the role i.e. basic life support, manual handling, medicines management etc
- IT literacy, including the use of email.
In return, some of the benefits that we can offer:
- Continuation of NHS Superannuation Pension Scheme
- Flexible working
- Life Assurance
- Generous holiday and sick pay schemes
- On site free parking
The position is subject to an enhanced Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check, Occupational Health disclosure and references. Travel is an essential component of the role; therefore, you will need to have a full driving licence and be a car owner.
If you think you would make an excellent and valued member of the Longfield team and your skills and experience match the job requirements then please download, complete and upload the application form to this website in the upload area.
For any additional information or to arrange an informal visit please call 01453 733704 and ask to speak with our Hospice at Home Manager or one of our Clinical Co-ordinators.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST COMPLETE AN APPLICATION FORM. CVs WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Closing date: 21st October 2020
Longfield is an Equal Opportunities employer and values Diversity