Social media is a great way to show your support for Longfield. Did you know that it’s now possible to fundraise directly through Facebook?
Birthday fundraisers on Facebook are simple to set up, and give you the opportunity to show your support and to connect your friends with a cause that’s important to you.
Every donation goes directly to Longfield to help us continue to care for and support adults in Gloucestershire with life-limiting illnesses, and their families and carers too.
Got a birthday coming up? You can celebrate your big day in a special way by setting up a Facebook Fundraiser in support of Longfield. In fact, Facebook will even send you a reminder a fortnight before your big day giving you the option to ‘donate your birthday’ in celebration of the occasion.
Find out more information on Facebook Fundraisers here: facebook.com/fundraisers/
It’s super simple to set a birthday fundraiser up:
- Log in to your Facebook account
- Click Fundraisers in the left-hand menu of your main Facebook news feed
- Click Select Charity – and select Longfield Hospice
- Decide on how much money you’re hoping to try and raise
- Pick an end date for your fundraiser
- Give your fundraiser a catchy title, such as ‘My birthday fundraiser for Longfield Hospice!’
- Tell your friends and family why you’ve chosen to support Longfield
- Pick a cover photo
- Click Create
- Invite your friends
Thank you for donating your birthday to support Longfield – your generosity makes a huge different to the patients and families we support 365 days a year. We couldn’t do it without you!