Hours – 37.5 per week (5 from 7 days by agreement including weekends)
Salary – £19,968 – £10.24 per hour
If you are looking to progress your retail career at Longfield, we have a fantastic opportunity for you. In this role, you will be supporting the Retail Shop Manager and Retail Operations Manager to ensure the Stroud shop meets its full potential, and as such you will also be responsible for assisting in the shop’s day to day running which will involve:
- Managing staff and volunteers;
- Managing stock levels in line with seasonal and demographic requirements;
- Recording and reporting income and expenditure;
- Ensuring the growth and maintenance of gift aid scheme;
- Assisting in the achievement above and beyond of financial and non-financial targets on a weekly/monthly basis;
- Ensuring high and consistent standards of shop floor presentation and display;
- Deputizing for the Retail Shop Manager in his/her absence;
- Assist in managing the sorting and processing of donated goods;
- Assist in ensuring high levels of customer service across the team.
The ideal candidate will have GCSE’s, Grade A to C, including English and Maths, be IT literate and have sufficient retail skill and experience to understand the principles and practices that contribute significantly to the successful running of the shop. You will be required to show initiative in the use of skills related to the work, with clear policies and procedures to follow. You have some discretion and independence in this role and will need sufficient judgment to know when to refer to the Retail Manager as necessary. As Deputy Manager, you will have the confidence and ability to advise, guide, train and motivate a team of volunteers. Additionally, you need to be a skilled communicator, liaising with staff within the organization and members of the general public.
The position is subject to a Standard Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check. If you would like more information, please contact our Retail Operations Manager on 07824 447145.
Closing date: Friday 20th November 2020
ALL APPLICANTS MUST COMPLETE AN APPLICATION FORM.
Longfield is an Equal Opportunities employer and values diversity.