Hours: 30 hours worked over 4 days from 6
Salary: £17,355 (FTE) per annum, £8.90 per hour.
In this role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the shop. To include:
- Recruitment and training of staff and volunteers;
- Managing stock levels in line with seasonal and demographic requirements;
- Recording and reporting on income and expenditure;
- Ensuring the growth and maintenance of gift aid scheme;
- Driving the achievement above and beyond financial and non-financial targets on a weekly/monthly basis;
- Ensuring high and consistent standards of shop floor presentation and display;
- Managing the sorting and processing of donated goods;
- Ensuring high levels of customer service across the team.
The ideal candidate will have GCSE’s or equivalent, Grade A to C, including English and Maths, be IT literate and have sufficient retail skill and experience to understand the principles and practices that contribute significantly to the successful running of the shop. You will have considerable discretion and independence in this role and will need sufficient judgment to know when to refer to the Retail Operations Manager as necessary. As a seasoned manager, you will have the confidence and ability to advise, guide, train and motivate your new team of staff and volunteers. Additionally, you need to be a skilled communicator, liaising with staff within the organization and members of the general public. As a Shop Manager, you will be in a unique position to promote the work of the Hospice and develop greater understanding of our aims and objectives.
For more information please download the application form or call Laura Owen, Retail Operations Manager on 07824 447145
To apply please download and complete the application form. Completed application forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Thursday 5th November 2020
ALL APPLICANTS MUST COMPLETE AN APPLICATION FORM. WE REGRET CV’S CAN NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Longfield is an Equal Opportunities employer and values diversity.